Our missions have been going strong now at Homefront Hugs USA for 14 years. No one earns 1 penny here. We do not abandon our service members at their time of need and really need critical donations for vets in need including our deployed troops. Please help in honor of the quiet daily sacrifices of our men and women in uniform.
TROOP NEEDS August 11, 2015
In honor of all our amazing veterans here and gone, please help our current vets in need.
What is the most urgent need ? We have 20 care packages which should have shipped YESTERDAY.
$15.90 for each box in just postage is required to ship to troops overseas who have no support system and are deployed. We wrap them in support with your help to prevent depression ,isolating and yes, even suicide as we have a serious crisis with our heroes with 22+ warriors taking their lives every single DAY. Your help does make a difference .
Click right here on this PayPal logo ( and you don’t need a PayPal acct either ) to donate any amount safely and thanks so much for your help :
( You can use ANY credit card or your checking account, & DO NOT need to open a Paypal account. We never see your personal financial information and have the highest security)
You can also always send a money order or check to:
Homefront Hugs USA
1881 West Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, Mi 48103-4147
Here, at Homefront Hugs, we remind troops and veterans they are not forgotten.
We send to both our wounded and sick vets in over 7 hospitals and our deployed heroes wherever they serve mainly to Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Japan,South Korea, Nepal,Kosovo, Africa and Kuwait as well as some undisclosed locations due to OPSEC. They also now are serving in the surrounding seas of the Mideast and Africa and many undisclosed locations.
Our troops shine with compassion and courage at Homefront Hugs USA
We need to get almost 41 troops adopted who are waiting for any support. This support is necessary for prevention…preventing low morale ….as morale is critical for our deployed servicemen and women …preventing PTSD, depression and even emotional isolation & stress .
” There is no better feeling than hearing your name called during mail call when you’ve had a tough day or are just missing home – thank you Homefront Hugs “, one soldier shared with us.
Go to our NEWS section: you will see how one can adopt a hero quickly and easily from home. Or just email Adoptions@HomefrontHugs.org
” One forgotten soldier is one too many.”
TRAGIC FACT: Every 80 minutes, a veteran, including our active duty members, commits suicide. This fact has not changed .
We have received more than a few emails from troops who are down and sharing that their battle buddies are too with the recent attacks resulting in deaths and many critically wounded overseas.
How we began….
Our 14 year anniversary is approaching soon. The Homefront Hugs concept was born on 9-11. We officially began on 10-11-2001 in honor of US Air Force veteran and pilot Steve Schmidt of Charlevoix,Michigan – whom our president and founder was married to years ago and misses still today . He served our country in the first Gulf War when the support was not what it should have been for him or their USAF family. His dedication, integrity,humor and ability to perservere through the toughest times makes him the epitome of a true warrior and hero. The marriage fell apart when Alessandra and Steve lost their twins in utero . Family supports were poor and nonexistent where they were deployed overseas and one of the reasons Homefront Hugs now focuses on these amazing silent heroes now – the children and spouses of the serviceman or woman. . Their well being is critical and the word ” dependents” has too often hindered the support they needed and critical support they give our military heroes in return .
Despite these challenges and others in life, Steve became a dedicated Delta Airlines pilot who never forgot his humble American Indian roots and sparkling friendly town of Charlevoix thanks to a kind,strong and intelligent mother, Claire, may she rest in peace.
Charlevoix’s quiet beauty, mesmerizing lake sunsets and American Indian heritage along Lake Michigan is one of those towns that belongs on everyone’s bucket list.
WHAT WE ALWAYS NEED AT HOMEFRONT HUGS IS YOU. We know after 3 to 6 deployments, morale can get very low and the ones who are left there to serve, have tough assignments in the middle of nowhere in the harsh winters of Afghanistan or intense heat of Africa. Our wounded in over 8 critical hospitals the media do not visit, also need us as they too are stuck sometimes far away from families as they just begin to heal physically and mentally.
Morale is key as Operation Enduring Freedom continues and new operations have formed all over the world as tensions arise .
Thousands of troops have deployed for at least 6 months to 1 year tours of duty and many signed up with us for support as well as families who need moral support while their hero heals or is deployed again and again.
After 14 years of war, our families are weary and stressed and deserve as much thanks and support
We hope you join us for updates on Twitter @HomefrontHugs or on Facebook at Homefront Hugs USA.
KIDS and TEENS
We wish all our awesome kids,teens and college students a great end to summer and beginning to the new school year !
We love our students who volunteer from home and many who even make Homefront Hugs their Tzedakah project for Bar Mitzvahs, confirmation stewardship projects , or count those volunteer hours for jobs and college…as we do write references after 6 months of volunteering…Mom,Dad or teachers just have to verify you did the volunteer hours.We love our teachers as well who inspire our students to make this world a better place .
Email info@HomefrontHugs.org for more info .
Hope you have visited our Kids and Teen page too! We don’t think you are ever too young to start volunteering. In fact , we believe kids who volunteer don’t bully .
HUGE NEED FOR HUGS ESPECIALLY -> ADOPT A FAMILY FROM YOUR HOME FOR MORALE
As we mentioned, you can also adopt your own military family of heroes….just look at this easy application and how little it involves…just a kind heart long distance…
Right now we have a few families waiting and hope you will consider asking for one to spoil a little with emotional support and only one care package a month.
- We welcome homemade cards and drawings from children and citizens anytime for our wounded and deployed heroes. The price of cards is so high and we prefer your words say more than the cards. Please do not just sign them.
- If you can add humor or a little prayer or photo, it makes the cards so much more like a hug from home = A Homefront Hug !
- Right now our mailbox is completely empty even with thousands of followers on social media.
- We know what wonderful cards you write ! Just sit down and write a note to a wounded hero,a sick vet or deployed soldier.
- Make it feel like a real hug from home… a Homefront Hug!
1881 West Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Homefront Hugs makes a difference for our troops and Afghan children who need a smile
Morale is low over in the sandbox and mountains of Afghanistan. They have lost their brothers and sisters this past year already both in training Afghan soldiers , accidents and from RPGs /IEDs.
We are also involved in our fight against ISIL/ISIS and in Iraq, Kosovo, Africa as well as fighting the health battle of Ebola to save countless lives . Our military is stretched thin. They deserve our thanks, our continuous unconditional support .
Our troops stay close when deployed and always share what anyone sends…
Our troops also spend time trying to find common bonds with their Afghan and Iraqi villages and families…many of them children. They have asked us for the following items to help them break the ice and bring a smile to the children caught up in the middle of the wars and ugly conflicts :
packages of balloons
washable markers and colored paper
stickers of animals and fun ( non-religious)
Beanie Babies (only animals please)
Hot Wheels gently used or new
New or Used Lego of any sort
Deflated Soccer Balls with pumps if possible
( www.soccer.com has wonderful cheap balls and pumps)
USED Golf clubs and balls
(so many troops make new buddies over there in wartime for stress relief)
Our troops spend a lot of time with Afghan children for morale and to help improve their lives
Where to send these above items and any heartfelt postcards or cards ?
Homefront Hugs USA
1881 West Liberty Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
HINT: This is a great project for a family or classroom !
The love of soccer is universal and helps form friendships and trust
MORE NEEDS for our deployed and wounded heroes
- stamps, stamps, stamps for mailing care packages and for troops to send heavier letters home
- small travel games
- small scented candles to remind them of home
- Neosporin, waterproof bandages
- soft slippers of all sizes for our wounded and sick heroes
- coffee/specialty teas for our nurses and docs who care for our wounded
- blank funny, romantic cards for holidays and birthdays for children and spouses for our troops to send home
- playing cards, frisbees, footballs, and soft footballs for wounded
- handwarmers, footwarmers due to harsh winters
- iTunes Gift cards so troops can download music..super for morale
- harmonicas, musical instruments for morale
- BEEF JERKY and hot sauce of all kinds to make those MREs taste better
- homebaked cookies and chocolate only from Nov to March
- poker cards
- mag flashlights (especially the very small kind – all made in the USA)
- U shaped neck pillows for travel for our deployed and wounded heroes
- Soft cozy hand knit socks and scarves for our wounded troops
- hand made lap blankets / quilts for wounded and sick veterans
- We welcome NEW magazine subscriptions to our Homefront Hugs address below which we send on monthly to heroes:
- Readers Digest, Fishing, Hunting, Golf, Oprah, Ebony, Latina
- Sports Illustrated, Rolling Stone, Mens Health, Self, Cosmopolitan, National Geographic, People, Maxim, Parenting, Family Circle, Real Simple, Cesars Way, Dog Sport, Car and Driver, Cat Fancy, Field and Stream, Hot Rod, Kiplingers, Family Fun,Field and Stream, Spanish People, Road and Track, Nascar Illustrated, Motorcyclist, Bow Hunter, Hot Bike, Time, Flying, Plane and Pilot, Air and Space , Country Gardens, Essence, Newsweek, US News, Fishing/Sailing Magazines, anything to help them not think of the war for a while.
Send new subscriptions to our address :
Homefront Hugs for Heroes
1881 West Liberty Street
Ann Arbor,MI 48103
THANK YOU as our heroes need us more than ever giving their all for our safety and freedoms and to prevent PTSD.
Over 300,000 troops have come home from the war with some form of PTSD.
PSA announcement below as we need troops adopted so urgently.
PSA ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MEDIA:
Our US troops overseas need us more than ever as the fight to end ISIS continues and their humanitarian work shines going wherever they can be of assistance in natural disasters like the Nepal earthquake or world epidemics like Ebola.
BE A HERO, ADOPT A HERO (TM) through Homefront Hugs dot org or email Adoptions@HomefrontHugs.org as many brave troops hope and wait to be adopted who don’t have ANY support. Your country needs you.
Please help us make sure NO HERO IS FORGOTTEN. It’s easy,inexpensive and fun -a super project any time of year !
Thank you for wanting to thank our amazing troops from all five military branches who serve all over the world keeping us safe and free .